Writing, family, background, etc., etc., etc
Hey there. How are you today? All good? Awesome. Let’s get started then!
I try to write a blog twice a week. The topics I cover are:
- Novel writing/editing/querying/publishing progress
- Novel excerpts/Deleted Scenes
- Short Story and poetry creation/submission/rejection
- #TbT: Past Poetry. Some Thursdays I post poems from my past
- Monthly Indie Book Release List and new release announcements (Click here if interested in submitting)
- Book Reviews – whatever I just finished reading
- Featured Writers (Click here if interested in being featured)
- Young Writers/readers (Click here if interested in being featured)
- Reader interviews (Click here if interested in an interview)
- Random things that don’t fit any of the above categories, but i feel like writing, so i’m going to make it fit somehow or another
I feel like something big and important should go here, but I’m not sure what it is yet. So please enjoy a photo of crackers my son put in my shoe. If you’re on your phone, you might not be able to see, which is your loss, I suppose.
*A-hem* Moving on…
I grew up the black sheep of my family: loving reading and writing, and tolerating science and math. I raised pigs in 4-H growing up, and spent most of my time with animals and books. I’ve been married to my lawyer husband for 12 years. We have 2 kids (9 and 4) and two cats (7 and 6). Our kids are named after novel characters and our cats are named after Doctor Who references. I work from home (etsy), and spend a lot of time at church or in the Bible. I was baptized in 2013 and am proud to call myself a follower of Christ. If you don’t know Him, please message me and we can talk about it. Seriously. I also have Epilepsy, Hypothyroidism, and Celiac disease. And most recently, Sciatic pain. Good times. Writing is an excellent outlet for all the craziness in my life.
I received my BA in English from UCLA (with minors in French and music history). It was incredible to receive a degree for reading excellent authors and writing last minute papers, but what do you do with a BA in English? Not much, although it’s great prep for becoming a writer! After graduation, I taught English in Japan with my husband through the JET Program. We returned back to California where I continued to teach ESL until my daughter was born. Since then I’ve been running my Etsy store, with hand-stamped creations featuring quotes and scripture. I used to only write in my spare time, but now I’m very intentional about setting time aside. I’m currently working on editing one of three novels, as well as writing and submitting various short stories and poems. You can check out my Works in Progress (WiP) Here.
If you only learn one thing out about me:
I like writing and I like Jesus. (Okay, that was more than one. My bad.)